About Our School
Welcome to MPMS!! We are excited to have you and your family as part of the MPMS family! Starting in Fall 2017, Mid-Prairie Middle School will house all 5th - 8th graders in the district.
We will have approximately 440 students and over 50 staff members. At MPMS, you will find a safe learning environment based on treating all people with respect, a staff that works diligently to help the “whole” child and a community that invests in the future of our students. We don’t just teach students and evaluate their “data,” we work hard to create meaningful relationships with each student on an individual basis so we can best prepare them for high school and life. Our goal is to help our students grow socially, emotionally, and academically.
We recognize the middle school years can be hard for students. To help our students grow as young people and as learners, we adhere to the five pillars of MPMS PRIDE:
Respect Yourself and Others
Invest in Your Work
Dare to Take a Risk
Everyone is Included
The staff at MPMS works hard to personalize learning for all of our students. We are proud of having high expectations for learning and citizenship. Further, we are very excited about the educational and extracurricular opportunities offered at MPMS. Some of these opportunities include:
- Grades 5-8 are 1:1 with Chromebooks
- Standards Based Grading
- Fine Arts and athletic opportunities (new Soccer program started in Spring 2017)
- Full time Project Lead the Way teacher (4 PLTW/STEM classes)
- Student Choice Activities offered 8th period
- MPMS Pride
- Spanish I offered to 8th graders for high school credit
- Student leadership opportunities
- Passion Week (Community Service)
- Mentoring program with Mid-Prairie East Elementary
- WIN (What I Need) for students to complete their work, complete enrichment projects or receive additional instruction
To ensure our students have the best middle school experience possible, we need the support and involvement of our parents and families. There are many ways for families to be active participants in the education of their MPMS student(s) -- by accessing student academic information on PowerSchool, reinforcing and supporting school policies and procedures at home, communicating questions or concerns with staff in a timely manner, monitoring student online behavior or by becoming a member of our MP Student Booster program.
It is my pleasure to serve the Mid-Prairie Community School District, your MPMS student and your family. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.